April 09, 2011

Goodbye snow, hello sun!

It's almost spring, but here in cold Finland it doesn't mean +20°C, not even close.. It's more like +5°C.. :P Here you can only dream about sunbathing, and if you want to go for a picnic, better do it indoors.. Unless you like to spend time with some snowmen..:D First I wrote "snowmans", what happened to my English?o.O

However, enough is enough.. I don't want to see any more snow, not before next winter. If someone would like to have some snow, there's plenty of it here, you're welcome to take it all!

But maybe in 17 days it will be all gone.. And that's how long I'm going to stay away from here. Because tomorrow we're finally (after 2 or 3 months from the day we booked the travel) going to leave.. And hopefully in couple of days - it takes 11 hours by plane to get there - we're going to be there.. In Thailand!  I'm going there with Mom.. She's taking me there, because I finally finished school. I'm only 20, it's not so late, I guess. Thanks Mom! Even though I bet she's not going to read this.. :D I just hope the snow is gone when we come back. ^^

I'm sure the travel will be awesome, but I'm not going to turn this blog into some kind of travel blog.. Maybe I'll write something also while I'm in Thailand, but I guess I have something better to do, too.. The blog can wait.


But, of course, as we're going to stay in Khao Lak, I'm kind of thoughtful.. As it's one of the coastal areas hardest hit by the tsunami in 2004.. I'm not scared it will happen again, but I'm thinking about all the people who died there and those who lost their loved ones.. Not forgetting what happened in Japan this year.. I really wish there would never be this kind of disasters any more and I wonder if also this is somehow caused by us humans..


If there's anyone reading this blog, comments are welcome. Hope to write again soon. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment